Monday, February 8, 2010

Surprise surprise


Hey all~

Look what my roommate found in our birds' cage yesterday! I had looked earlier in the day to add more food and thought they were grapes, it was dark don't judge me ;). We're going to let her sit on them for a bit and see if they hatch. Not sure if the eggs are fertilized or not...
Sunday seems like my most exciting day in terms of new eats. Amanda and I went to Sacred Chow yesterday for lunch.
Amanda created her own bowl with tempeh, greens, and rice:
I had a colorful huge salad:
With Orange BBQ Seitan:
It was so good!

Across the street was PB & Co. so of course we had to go inside!
Mmm chocolate peanut butter :)
I'm also getting back into the habit of cooking parts, at least, of my weekly meals on Sunday so I can try to eat balanced meals during the week while also fitting in enough lab hours, the gym, and relaxation.

First up, vegan carrot cake scones. This was my own creation and I'm not ready to unveil the recipe, need to play around with it a bit more.

Then I planned on roasting a bunch of veggies...but I only got to the brussels sprouts.
Because it was Super bowl time! Actually that exclamation point was not necessary because I didn't even know who was playing this year. Usually I follow football rather closely, but with Eagles out so early in the season, my interest quickly began to wane.

In any case my roommate ended up having a few people over which meant pizza time! I grabbed some ready made whole wheat dough from Trader Joe's, we broke them into individual sections for make your own pizza.
I forgot to photograph this after it came out, but on my pizza I included peppers, mushrooms, onions, and a bit of mozzarella.
So, I'm going to be honest for a minute, the make it sweat challenge was a bit of a bust. Only in the sense that I took 1 day off last week and am doing the same this week. I'm not going to sweat it though, lab work has picked up and I need to work a few extra hours some days which makes it hard to get to gym classes.

In my lab, I have a bench that's kinda in the corner. People always comment how I'm so hidden, as if that were a bad thing!?! I've been taking advantage lately by playing my music somewhat loud, since no one else can really hear it anyway. I have been alternating between my music and itunes radio today and end up hearing "I Wish" by Skee-Lo. Do you remember that song?! I can't believe it came out 15 years ago.

I also can't believe that I will be 24 in 3 months and 1 day, I want to give myself some other kind of challenge along with make it sweat for the next 3 months. Something that will make that birthday feel more special. Mmm need to sleep on that one...

Night,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment