Sunday, June 12, 2011

Quality time in the kitchen


Wow, I've been baking up a storm. Checkout these eats from the week:


This was my first attempt at making a yeast bread, it was a long process, and my cooking time was much shorter than the recipe called for (hence the dark color) but it was fun and still taste great! Now that I've got my toes wet with making yeasty breads I'm going to have fun with it, there are so many recipes I want to try!!





Go make these now, they are fabulous!



Spicy Pulled Chicken based off of this recipe, though I used liquid smoke instead of worcestershire sauce.



Layer of chicken into the pot:


Followed by a layer of onions and seasonings, cook on low for 6-8 hours:


Sorry, realized I never took a picture of the final product but it made an appearance Friday night at a picnic in central park. Isn't this picnic basket my mom got me for my birthday cute!?!



And this doesn't really count as cooking, but I'm also now in love with my crock pot! I've had it for over a year but never bring it out. This week in addition to the pulled chicken, I also made steel cut oats. Best way to eat this grain because I rarely feeling like cooking them for 40 minutes when I wake up in the morning.



This way I place the water, grains, salt, and cinnamon in the night before on low, and viola, a perfect bowl in the morning!!


Cook anything good this past week?

Hope you're having a great weekend,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment