Friday, October 9, 2009

Week gone by

Wow! The week has just flown by, I don't even know where the time went! Looking at the upcoming weeks I'm not seeing anything slowing down.

But, before I get ahead of myself, some of last weekends eats:


As I mentioned in my previous post, last Sunday prior to traveling back in time to Medieval Times, I had a delicious meal at Josies West with my friend Ryan. This was the first time I've been to Josie's for brunch, and was really impressed with the options. I've said this before, but Josie's West is by far a better option than Josie's East, from the space to the food, West is definitely the better option.

For brunch, they provide a pear puree, and a raisin bread with a cinnamon sugar topping. When the bread was originally served, I thought it would be similar to a crumb cake, or at least have a hard cinnamon sugar crust.

It ended up being a pretty dry raisin bread with little flavor. Even the crust was pretty boring and devoid of taste, and I could hardly taste the cinnamon. The pear puree was pretty good so I took a few bites to enjoy the spread.



This weekend is Open House New York. A free weekend in New York which offers a chance to celebrate New York's architecture and design by opening the doors of several of the city's best private and public buildings, gardens, and more for free! Check out details http://www.ohny.org/. I'm volunteering at Parson's The School for Design, School of Constructed Environments. Otherwise not sure what I'm going to checkout. I also need to run quite a bit of errands and finish my poster for the two conferences I'm attending next week.

Yep, I get to go to Southern California and Chicago next week, yay the benefits of science!

Off to plan my day tomorrow.

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment