Sunday, November 29, 2009

Getting back into the flow

I'm back into the city and trying to get my mind wrapped around doing some work. I was somewhat productive yesterday for a good 3 hours so I'm using today do do some house work, laundry, write Christmas cards, and maybe do some baking!

Returning to my apartment also means getting back to cooking. Over Thanksgiving this year I feel like my family questioned me about being a vegetarian more so than ever. The concept of not eating beef, pork, and poultry seems so foreign and they can't imagine what I eat for flavor and fullness without meat.

With all the grains, veggies, beans, nuts, and fruit available, a meatless world is full of possibilities. Tonight I think I'm going to have spaghetti squash for dinner, so quick, easy, and delicious.

Simply cut the squash in half and scoop out the inside. For super quick, place cut side down on a microwave safe plate, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.


After allowing to rest, use a fork to pull the grains:


Add some tomato sauce, toss in olive oil, or add additional veggies, and you're good to go.Off to bake?

Nicole

1 comment: