Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Free!

So, how was everyone's weekend? Mine was great!

I spent most of Saturday at the Devon Horse Show in PA. It was junior weekend, so my friend and I watched many kids compete. I'm not the equestrian--my friend is--so this was my first horse show. My two favorite events were lead line, where 3-6-year-olds are lead out on a horse by their trainers (very cute!) and pony hunt teams, where teams of three dress up themselves and their horses and ride to theme music.



They're the Flinstones!


That night I went to Famous Dave's, a chain bbq restaurant. The food was great! My friend and I shared a feast, which included ribs, chicken, brisket, corn bread, corn on the cob, and fries. They have 5 signature sauces which are right on the table to try, and I liked all of them! Out of all the food, I like the ribs the best, they were delicious!



Onto a different subject... free things! I have been getting tons of free things in the mail lately! When I get bored, I google "free samples" and I always find something. Today, in the mail, I recieved 7 coupons for free items! Six of them are from Kraft First Taste, and they are: Ritz Crackerfuls, Kool-Aid Fizz Drink Drops, DiGiorno Deep Dish Pizza, Kraft Homestyle Deluxe Mac N Cheese, Kraft 100 cal packs cheese bites, and Oscar Mayer Deli Meat. The other coupon was from Better Oats. I've also recently got free dunkin donuts dark roast coffee and aveeno shampoo and conditioner. It's great to try new things by getting them for free!



There is so much great music out there lately! One song I like kind of surprises me. Mostly, I don't like Paramore, but her song "The Only Exception" is actually a very nice song! Kind of more like a ballad than the screaming she usually does. It's just one opinion, don't hate me for it!



And the chocolate cake with pb icing was AMAZING! this picture doesn't do it justice. I took each part from different recipes. The cake is Beatty's Chocolate Cake Recipe and the icing was from a Choc. Cupcake with PB Icing because the reviews for the cake from the cupcake recipe weren't great.



Have a nice week!
~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment