Friday, July 30, 2010

TGIF

So excited it's Friday and even more excited that I'm taking a few days off next week to head into the woods for a few days...sometimes you need a break from the heat and humidity of the city!

But, before I get ahead of myself a quick recap of this week.

The good eats...

The last of my free juicy watermelon from my volunteer work for the CSA:




Other CSA goodies, including slicing and boothby cucumbers (the yellow one is the boothby) and cherry tomatoes:

Banana with dark chocolate peanut butter, great pre or post workout snack:


And the baddish...

Ice cream cake for yet another lab celebration/summer intern presentations:

I had originally planned on skipping on the treats. I feel like I don't say no enough these days and snaking has increased greatly...but yet again I couldn't resist and had a small slice along with a small piece of peanut butter pie (peanut butter is my weakness).

The summer students:




Yesterday a post doc in my lab came back after a month away for various conferences and vacation, so we went out for lunch. We've been to this bistro on a few occasions as a lab outing and I love it, good food, and perfect portions. I ordered the veggie panini which came with a small salad and a reasonable serving of fries.



That evening I met a friend for happy hour and to chat before she begins her med school rotations on Monday. After a drink we walked to Whole Foods, grabbed salads, and walked to Union Sq to eat, continue conversation, and people watch.




Time to get back to the grind. I'm currently working on a presentation about thinking critically in science and society to give to high school summer students in a couple of weeks...I'm thinking about discussing the hype around high fructose corn syrup.

Then it's out, fit in a quick cardio session (couldn't wake up this morning to do so) and meet Amanda for dinner. Haven't seen that girl in forever and am excited to catch up!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment