Thursday, January 28, 2010

Battle of the Brothers

Hi guys! Nicole and I had a game night with some of our friends at my new, incredibly small studio last weekend. We didn't get through too many games, but managed to make it through quite a few bottles of wine. One of the wine highlights, provided by yours truly, was a Chardonnay comparison between Robert Mondavi and his brother Peter's winery (Charles Krug winery). Robert Mondavi has a special place in my heart since he was a huge supporter of UC Davis...plus, I've been reading his book, Harvests of Joy: How the Good Life Became Great Business...just because I'd like to figure out how to turn the good life into great business. Hmmm...I suppose that's a topic for another day. Anyways...

Both Robert's and Peter's wineries are located in Napa Valley. The two used to work together at Charles Krug, but Robert had a different vision for American wine and wanted to change winemaking at Charles Krug to reflect his ideas. Since Peter wasn't on board with this plan, Robert ended up starting up his own winery. When I went to buy wine for the party, both wines were sitting side-by-side and I knew it'd be fun to compare the two wineries side-by-side. At $19 a bottle, these wines fall into a higher price grade than your standard house white, but in my opinion, didn't taste any better than a dirt-cheap Chardonnay.

Charles Krug (Peter) vs. Robert Mondavi


The cover of Harvests of Joy


Robert vs. Peter


My apartment! I love it!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment