Saturday, January 23, 2010

Carrot Cake Pancakes

Hey all~

Long time no post, sorry about that, but it's been a rather uneventful week.

After the deliciousness that were my carrot oat muffins, and the leftover carrots that I had no interest in eating raw, I decided to make carrot cake pancakes for dinner one night this week.
The recipe was pretty easy-

For 6-8 pancakes:
1/2 c whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
dash nutmeg
dash of salt
1 egg white
3 tblsp brown sugar
1/2 c milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup shredded carrots

As usual-mix the dry, add the wet:


I topped with plain greek yogurt and a bit of maple syrup, yum! This meal was so filling not to mention delicious. I ended up buying more carrots at Whole Foods today just so I could make them again!

In other news-Amanda and I decided to go to Austin City Limits, I'm so excited! After making reservations for the hostel where we will be staying, I looked to see if there are any hot yoga studios nearby. Sign I'm getting addicted? I hope so!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend,

Nicole








1 comment:

  1. so jealous about ASL!!! My friend is from there (and is a vegetarian) if you want tips on good restaurants and such.

    ReplyDelete