Friday, March 19, 2010

It's Official

I'm registered for the Brooklyn Half Marathon on May 22nd...just 2 months away :-/ Since I'm going to Philly this afternoon, I decided to do my long run this morning. The goal was 6 mi, I think it ended up being a bit more than 4 because I got lost in the park, I was also exhausted. This was my first outdoor run since last October!!

I've been really apprehensive about getting back outside, scared that I couldn't handle the adjustment. That turned out to be not such a challenge after all, as far as pushing myself to run. The biggest task I need to focus on is pacing myself. I find it rather difficult to run slow, but at this point I'm not able to cover as much distance unless I slow myself down. I really need to invest in a garmin , but that kind of goes against the saving money thing...I need to think about this a bit.

I'm so excited to be going home for a few days. I can stock up on kitchen essentials and my mom wants to try a new Moroccan restaurant in our area, I love that she is willing to try new things! I also hope to spend a great deal of time outdoors, the weather is going to be gorgeous!!

Yesterday, a coworker and I decided to go off campus for lunch. I decided to take her to a sushi place close by that has super cheap lunch specials.

I ordered the 2 roll special with a small salad. Don't know what happened to my sushi pictures? But here is the salad:


Upon returning to work I was able to check a few things off my list but the beautiful sun staring down upon me made it hard to concentrate. I decided to go home and get some reading and writing down, which I somewhat did for about 45 minutes while snacking on 2 Pepperidge Farm deli thins with almond butter and chocolate chips. I'm actually glad that was the last of these deli thins. I much prefer the similar product by Arnold's, Pepperidge Farm's product is too sweet for a bread.

This snack settled the slight craving for sweets I had and fueled me for my spin class and 2 mi run. I had considered eating one of these Ghirardelli chocolate squares that I received for free while walking to the sushi place, but I didn't want that much of a sugar run and opted for my deli thins instead. But I like the little says on the wrapper..."A nice 'win' no matter what the score."

Post workout I had a green smoothie in mind, but I was running late for a school talk. As a result I wasn't able to blend up this concoction until after 9 pm! I also ended up using kale instead of spinach which just didn't work for me :( I ended up eating half of it, half of a banana, and some Food Should Taste Good tortilla chips. Oh well, can't win them all.
Gotta run, still need to pack and head out the door for Pa.

Nicole

1 comment:

  1. Yay for getting to run outdoors again!!! So jealous that you get free chocolate while walking to sushi -- only in NYC!! Thoughts on my Garmin -- I love it! I got the 305 (older model) new from amazon.com for a great deal as a Christmas present. It works great and it is totally user friendly! Happy Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete