Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Baked Oatmeal

Hey Everyone~

I've been kinda obsessed with "baked" oatmeal lately. I based my recipe from Tina's Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal; however, I didn't have any pumpkin on hand so I went without. Basically I scrambled an egg, added 1/4 tsp of baking powder and a packed of Quaker Delights Hazelnut Latte Instant Oatmeal, a few chocolate chips for good measure ;-) and cooked on high in the microwave for 2 minutes.



I then topped with a dollop of greek yogurt and lots of fruit!


The end result is very sponge like, I think I'm going to try this again using flax seeds to replace the egg; however, I do like the extra protein the egg adds to the "cake" so we will see.

I'm on the road again this afternoon. Philadelphia tonight and then my Mom, sis, and I are headed to the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washtington D.C. for a couple of days.

Nicole

1 comment:

  1. hazelnut latte oatmeal is good? it sounds incredible!!! Have so much fun in DC!! ps i was looking at Mollie's fb pictures and realized that you went rock climbing with her :)

    ReplyDelete