Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fail

The plan this weekend was to catch up some blogging but then on the cab ride to the bus station to catch a ride to Philly I realized I left my laptop charger on my bed. So much for trying to get some much needed reading done this weekend. Then on top of it my camera's batteries died. Fail!!

Oh well, better late than never.

Thursday night I had dinner with Matt, the last for a month. He left for California on Saturday for another medical school rotation.

We made use of my CSA lime basal (this stuff is amazing, smells just like lime), peppers, and a few other ingredients picked up for the market and threw together a Thai inspired clams dish.

Ingredients:
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 small onion (or in my case half of a very large onion)
-2 tablespoons minced ginger
-1 bell pepper
-crushed pepper, add to your liking
-1 16 oz can light coconut milk
-1 cup dry white wine
- 1-2 pounds of clams
-juice of 1 lime
-handful of basal




Heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan. One oil is hot add garlic, onion, ginger, bell pepper, and crushed pepper. Cook until limp, about 3 minutes. Add in coconut milk and wine, stir, bring to a boil. Add clams and cook an additional 3-5 minutes (clams should be open at this point if not cook for 1-2 minutes longer). Add lime and basal and stir.


Serve on top of a bed of rice.


Later,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment