Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Hey Bloggies!

How is your weekend going? For me it's going entirely too fast but it has been a blast!

I did some unexpected cooking-I came home from the gym yesterday and was planning on simply sauteing some onions and peppers for an omelette. I then realized I had some tofu left that I needed to eat before it went bad along with an open can of coconut milk. So I added a thinly sliced carrot to my onions and pepper along with some tofu and sauteed until the veggies were sweated and soft and the tofu slightly browned. I then added the coconut milk, cumin, curry, salt and pepper, let the mixture come to a boil, lowered the heat and simmered for another 5 minutes or so.

Served with some brown rice, such a tasty and unexpected meal!
I also pulled out some of my old scrap booking and craft supplies on Friday to work on my Halloween costume.






The end result, a road!


My roommate also worked her creative genius and made a sour patch kid costume! She did an amazing job and put it together in less than 24 hours!!

Just noticed her eye is missing here :(


Other costumes of the weekend.

One of my favorite things about Halloween in the city-entire train stations packed with dressed up adults.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment