Tuesday, December 7, 2010

BBC Sound of 2011

I've been semi productive this morning, took care a few things school but not necessarily lab related and am about to head out of the door.

But I wanted to leave you with this year's Sound of 2011.

The long list follows:


SOUND OF 2011: THE LONGLIST

  • James Blake
  • Anna Calvi
  • Daley
  • Esben & the Witch
  • Jessie J
  • Clare Maguire
  • Mona
  • The Naked & Famous
  • Nero
  • Jai Paul
  • The Vaccines
  • Warpaint
  • Jamie Woon
  • Wretch 32
  • Yuck
This year I'm not a fan of most on the list.

My top 3 favorite are:

Mona-"Listen to you love"

Find more artists like MONA at Myspace Music


They're playing at The Rock Shop on Jan 12, I'm really hoping to catch them live!

The Naked and Famous "Young Blood"

Find more artists like The Naked And Famous at Myspace Music


And Warpaint, a California band who describe themselves as Ghettotech, don't think I've ever heard that term used before, but they do have an interesting though I wouldn't call it unique sound. I certainly see a bit of the XX in them.

"Warpaint"

Find more artists like Warpaint at Myspace Music

In January the BBC will announce the top 5 and the winner, can't wait to see if I'm on par with the next list!

Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment