Monday, December 20, 2010

Weekend Update




I love SNL when they're on, and loved this Weekend Update with Stefon.

Now on to my own weekend update, and boy was it a great weekend!

Full of Nutcracker performances, here is my little cousin's production of the Nutcracker.


And tea ceremonies! Saturday night I met up with a friend and attended a traditional tea ceremony at Radiance Tea House. It was both fun and education and I highly recommend for anyone looking for something different to do in the city.

We were able to chose 3 different teas to taste and discuss, as well as learn about proper brewing techniques. I have a new appreciation for tea!


I also went out to Queens for a new view of the city. Can you see the green and red Empire State building there in the back?


And while the view was amazing, we were really there to dance, laugh, and be in good cheer as part of a school formal.





The weekend came to an end with dinner at Eatery. I've been to Eatery, a New American style restaurant, for brunch on a few occasions, but never for dinner. They once again won me over with their twist on traditional eats.


I also love their decor, so simple, and delicate. Can they come design my room?


My friend and I both started off with the Blueberry Cosmo. I wasn't planning on having a drink but it sounded delicious and I wanted to give a it a taste:

Rice and black sesame crackers:


And for dinner, a tofu and vegetable stir-fry:


After dinner we made our way to Fela!!! I've been dying to see this show and with the closing coming January 2nd, time was ticking, so we crossed our fingers, went to the student rush line and got tickets! The dancing was absolutely fabulous. I love the technical aspects of ballet, but I also have a place in my heart for African dance. I love the free and unique take one can have with African dance.

Off to start my short work week...What was the best part of your weekend?

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment