Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Best Concerts of '10

Okay, this is a hard post. Partly because I didn't see as many concerts this year, but the shows I did see were pretty much all fantastic. But I'm going to try...

Here we go, top 3 concerts I saw this year!

3. She and Him at Governor's Island. Not only was I overly impressed with Zooey Deschanel but the atmosphere was just amazing for this free 4th of July show.


2. The Morning Benders at Mercury Lounge. I've seen this band perform numerous times, but this was one of my favorite. First, I think they have come a long way in the 3 years I have followed them and secondly I think they are a much better small venue band so the Mercury Lounge was fitting.



1. The Yeah Yeah Yeah's 10th anniversary concert. The band went back to basics for this concert, small sweaty venue and only 200 tickets given to the public and I was one!




Runner up, partly because picking 3 was so hard.

M.I.A. at Austin City Limits. A great way to end the second night of the festival and it was such a blast, one huge dance party!!


Can you believe we are almost in 2011!

Nicole

3 comments:

  1. You had a lot of fun in 2010! I just awarded you with a stylish blogger award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Zooey and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs! Good to see they went old school.

    Have a great night and 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greet recap ! I love your taste in music and the fact that you love music live! Happy happy new year!.

    ReplyDelete