Sunday, December 19, 2010

Oatmeal Pancakes

This week I've been experimenting with oatmeal pancakes, thanks in part to an impulse buy of egg whites from Trader Joes and inspiration from the blogging world.

My first experiment was a banana pancake:
-1/4 cup oats
-1/4 cup egg white
-1/4 cup mashed banana
-1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon

The end product, amazingness!


Experiment 2-Berry apple pancake. This was a bit of a disaster, but still tasty. I followed the above but used applesauce instead of banana. That was mistake number 1, the applesauce made the consistency too runny. Mistake #2, I tried to make one large pancake instead of several small.


C'est la vie, as I said it was still tasty. I have a bit of egg white left so I think I'll continue to experiment through the week!

Ciao,
Nicole

1 comment:

  1. The second attempt reminds me of a scientific experiment- changing 2 variables at once. How will you know if your hypothesis was right? I am such a dork. Anyway, I think the first pancakes look incredible!! PS I feel very lucky- we get Molls down south for a bit :)

    ReplyDelete