Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day! And Happy Birthday Nicole!

This weekend has been great! I ran into Nicole at Rice's flea market, like she said, and made and ate some tasty foods!

I went to get all the ingredients for a cake my mom wanted for Mother's Day, and I decided to get her (and me) some organic iced tea. The Honest Tea brand is my favorite organic brand by far and it was only $1 a bottle on Saturday! My favorite flavor is Black Forest Berry. It has a great berry flavor with just a little sugar. And the caps of the tea have quotes! Like Snapple, only better.



Yesterday, we had sloppy joes for dinner. They were a Rachael Ray recipe and they were Buffalo-style. Topped with pickles and blue cheese, they were delicious!



I made my mom a Texas sheet cake. She said she remembers eating this type of cake growing up in Illinois. It's a chocolate cake with a bit of cinnamon. The icing is warm and is poured on the cake while still hot, and is topped with pecans. We ate it today after dinner with my brother's homemade Philadelphia-style vanilla bean ice cream. It was so good!



And finally, another song that's caught my interest lately-- Passion Pit's "The Reeling" Have a nice week!



~Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! Just one question, what makes ice cream philadelphia-style?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess what makes it philadelphia style is that it's not cooked beforehand, like some ice creams are. Some ice creams are cooked, like a custard before being made into ice cream.

    ReplyDelete