Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weekend Haze

Hey all-

Another weekend has flown by and this is the first time I've stopped moving since Friday, apart from sleep of course.

Backing up to Friday I met up with girls in my lab for dinner and then we headed to the Bell House predominately for the 1990s and Crystal Stilts (there were 2 other openers). Loved both bands but was really intrigued by the drummer from the 1990s who sang a great deal of the tracks. It's only the second time I've seen a drummer play almost, if not, the role of lead.


Amanda grabbed the set list after the 1990s went off stage!

Crystal Stilts


Saturday I ended up sleeping in since I didn't get home until 4am or so? and met my friend Erica for Chelsea Markets. I don't know what's taken so long, but this was the first time I ever made it to the market!

There were free samples left and right, organic foods, and much more.

My favorite stop was for the People's pops, which reminded me of Locopops a gormet popsicle place on Franklin St in Chapel Hill, NC. I was hoping People's Pops would have some kind of spicy flavor, but I had no such luck. In the end I went with blackberry and cream, so good, even with all the blackberry seeds!




After wandering for a bit we grabbed sandwiches and laid out by the Hudson River. A good New York gal always has a blanket in her purse for the impromptu picnic ;).



Then I ended up shopping for way too long and I didn't get home until late and ended up turning right back around to dance the night away as a late celebration for Erica's birthday. I ended up calling it a rather "early" night and was in bed by 3, which made my 6 am wake up call to fuel and run 12 miles pretty much impossible (I didn't really even attempt). Plus the humidity came from no where today which made running even more difficult and so 12 miles easily became 3. I'm planning on running a few shorter runs this week and then trying for 12 once more Thursday morning (I still have 3 weeks until the 1/2 marathon). This was the last weekend I plan on going out until my thesis proposal is approved and I run the 1/2...sleep is way too important!!

This afternoon I took some time to clean the disaster that is my room and analyzed some data. Unfortunately I didn't get to work on my thesis proposal (need to reorganize my background and add specific details to my aims) and am way too exhausted to look at it tonight. I plan on a 9 pm bedtime, AM workout, and work on the proposal in the afternoon. I need to spend the morning at the microscope.

Nicole

4 comments:

  1. Whew, I am tired just reading about your weekend, but it sounds like it was a blast!

    What time are the bars open until in NYC? I'm used to the 'early' 2 a.m. bar close in Minneapolis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most places close at 4, but there are those few that stay open til the sun comes up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you had a blanket in your purse..that is awesome!!! What a perfect weekend...concert, market, birthday. The farmer's market here opens on the 15th...i will def be posting about that. happy monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely weekend! farmers market sounds peeerrrfect!

    ReplyDelete