Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summer Excitement

Guys, I'm not going to lie, summer in the city is by far my favorite time. NYC offers a boatload of free events including concerts (classical, indie, jazz, rap), opera, dance, Shakespeare, musicals, and movies.

NYCGO created a great page highlighting venues throughout the 5 boroughs and major events.

Summer concerts will kick off for me on June 5th at Governor's island with Yeasayer. I fell in love with the band's vocals when I first saw them with Amanda last summer. This will be my first concert at The Beach @ Governor's Island. Their cite claims it to be the best place to see rock'n'roll outdoors and I hope they live up to their hype, outdoor venues can be hit or miss depending on the acoustics.


Have a great night!
Nicole

2 comments:

  1. yea for summer concerts...can't wait for you to blog about who you get to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so so jealous -- however, chi-town has tons and tons of free music going on, too!!

    ReplyDelete