Monday, May 17, 2010

Sunshine and wine

This weekend's weather was fantastic! The perfect temp of 73 degrees made my weekend just great! Saturday, I lazed about most of the day. I sat outside for a while and read Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale. Kids' books are easy reads, so that's what I stick to mostly. Plus, I like to know what students are reading.

I also made oatmeal scotchies, the best cookies ever! And I have to say, using parchment paper while baking makes it so much easier! And I found that you can reuse one piece of parchment paper many times over.



On Sunday, a friend and I headed over to the New Hope winery for some tasting. $8 Included a little wine glass and 5 samples. I acutally got 6 samples because the sommelier (or whatever they're called) gave me the wrong sample! So I tried 2 white wines, a Niagra and a white sangria. Both were great! I usually don't like red wines, but I tried their Nouveau, which is like a beaujolais. It doesn't have the woody flavor most red wines do. And they had many fruit wines, so I tried raspberry, peach, and strawberry. They were all pretty good. I ended up buying a bottle of Nouveau and a bottle of peach.



My parents were in Florida for the weekend, and I decided to plant some flowers for my mom as a surprise when she got back.



My dogs loved the weather too, they got to stay out all weekend long!



Have a nice week!

~Sarah

4 comments:

  1. AHH! I just showed Mike the photo of the bulldog and he DIED. He absolutely loves bulldogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh -- I LOVE LOVE LOVE oatmeal scotchies. I am so so so glad you reminded me of those butterscotchy bites of amazing...
    Peach wine? Ohh the Georgia girl in me would love that. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't it so pleasant when the weather is nice?
    wine tastings are always fun! Where is that winery? my bf is a native new yorker PLUS loves wine. I wouldn't mind checking it out the next time were in NY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need update the "About Us" section. I blog from NYC and Sarah blogs from Pennsylvania. The winery is in New Hope, Pa. Thanks for reading our blog!!

    ReplyDelete