I think I'm having a case of the Mondays. Usually they don't get to me, but I'm sad such an amazing weekend came to an end and I'm not excited to be met with rain this morning. Not to mention that I overslept my alarm and missed my AM workout.
But let's look at the positives for this morning-
1. I was able to get about 8 hours of sleep since I couldn't fall asleep last night and missed the alarm this morning (still work up at 7)
2. I will get into lab at a decent time which means I should be able to fit in gym time before dinner
3. I get to have dinner with friends tonight
4. I'm listening to the Wicked soundtrack and my roommate and I decided to see it for the second time (I haven't been since 2004 with the cast including Idina Menzel, Kristin Chenoweth, and Joey Mcintyre, but have been itching to see it again, such a good musical!!)
5. I had a great weekend so let's recap
As for food my eating was pretty random with the bachelorette party mixed in so I didn't end up taking many pictures, I'll get back to my daily eats on the Mold Free Diet tomorrow; however, before heading out on errands on Saturday I snacked on these pumpkin tortilla chips, which were AMAZING! I think I'm determined to turn orange by the end of the week, let's see how many pumpkin products I can consume!!
Since we were having such gorgeous weather this weekend I did quite a bit of walking, plus walking is by far my favorite mode of transportation. In walking on Saturday I came across this sign at a bar, and I love seeing my name in writing anywhere, so I took a picture. Is this Nicole famous and I'm just oblivious? I figured it could be a college football thing and I've never really known the college football atmosphere...
I also came along a street fair of some kind...
There were lots of mini performances going on but not sure where from/why...not that there needs to be a reason in New York to dance.
Then I made it to the New Museum. Saturday was Museum Day, an annual event sponsored by the Smithsonian Magazine in which participating museums across the country open up their door for anyone presenting the following coupon:
I had been wanting to visit the New Museum and Saturday provided a great opportunity:
Unfortunately several of the floors were in between exhibits and thus closed. But I loved this exhibit from Rivance Neuenschwander: A Day Like Any Other-"I Wish Your Wish"
Where several ribbons are available for museum goers to take. Each ribbon has a wish printed on it from previous visitors responses. You select a ribbon, tie it on your wrist, and when the ribbon naturally falls off your wish comes true. Lets see how long until my ribbon falls off!