Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cake and Quinoa

The black forest cake I made for my friend Michelle's 25th birthday was a big hit! The combination of cherries and chocolate is so good. I got the recipe from a Duncan Hines cookbook called "Cake Mix Magic." You use the box cake mixes, and jazz them up a bit. My only problem was there were a lot of bubbles baked into one of the layers, so it cracked in the middle. Not pretty, but still tasty!



Tonight for dinner, I made a chicken marsala quinoa casserole. It was so very good and filling! The bottom was a chicken-mushroom-marsala-cream-sauce mixture, and the top was quinoa, sweet potato, eggs, and nutmeg. Sprinkled with parmesan and baked to bubbly, it was just perfect. I will definitely be using quinoa again.



~Sarah

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! both things look so good! I have only cooked with quinoa a few times, but I like it! That cake looks to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I love quinoa, it's underused IMO.

    Lovely cake! You can do great thing with cake mixes.

    ReplyDelete