Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Not so bad...

Hey everyone,

Despite it only being 6* when I left my apartment yesterday, it was a great Monday.

After getting home from lab I was debating on the best recovery workout from my first longer run on Sunday. Haven't run more than 5 miles in quite some time, but surprisingly my legs felt okay. I wasn't particularly tired when I got home from lab but decided to keep it easy with a 30 minute yoga session. I was originally going to go with my usual 45 minutes of pilates, but decided to push myself and do yoga. Generally, I much prefer the constant movement of pilates, but I know I get a deeper stretch and more of an arm workout with yoga so I stepped out of my comfort zone a bit and went with yoga. It was such a great decision! Despite not doing yoga for some time, all my weight lifting, and probably faithful commitment to pilates once again, I've really improved! Maybe I'll start incorporating yoga into my weekly schedule once more?

Monday was also great because I enjoyed Siggi's my favorite thick style yogurt. Whole Foods was having an awesome sale on it this past week and I stocked up big time!!



Finally, last night before letting my head hit the pillow I started in on this book. I've heard nothing but great things, and it is proving to be a page turner.
.

Tonight I'm getting together with a few ladies in my class for a wine inspired dinner. I'm in charge of making one of the dishes but I've yet to decide what I'm going to whip together...it's going to have to be a quick one at this point!

Ciao,
Nicole


4 comments:

  1. I have never tried Siggi's yogurt before. I am obsessed with Dannon Greek vanilla yogurt. It is my favorite. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 degrees...yikes! I should try to up my yoga with you -- I always forget to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love The Hunger Games trilogy! Probably my favorite series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole- this post makes me smile :) Congrats on your training thus far - you are a brave girl to run in this weather. Come do yoga to the people with me sometime and LOVE LOVE LOVE the Hunger games... page turner!!

    Hope you are well. xo

    ReplyDelete