Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Something Good Can Work



"Let's make this happen, girl you gonna show the world that something good can work and it can work for you.
And you know that it will."-Two Door Cinema Club

When I last blogged I had no clue what to make for my Malbec inspired dinner. Time was not on my side and I was lacking a few ingredients. Before hitting the gym for a spin class I stopped at the grocery store planning to buy ready made butternut squash soup and spicing it up a bit. Well...they didn't have any! In the end I decided to go with my original recipe for Vegetable Pakoras.

Although incredibly last minute, they came out quite well!!

Mixture of sweet and yukon potatoes, onion, flour, egg, and spices:


To pair I decided to blend together a 1/4 cup of pineapple (mine were frozen and then defrosted) with 1/2 cup or so of plain yogurt:


Finished product!


We also had cheese, crackers, and figs:



Other food items for the night, stuffed zuchinni with indian spices:


3-cheese cannelloni:


The wine:

The best food items to pair with Malbec are meat dishes. Well there are 2 vegetarians in my group so we went with tomato based dishes and spicy Mexican/Indian dishes that also pair well with Malbec.

For dessert we had these awesome rum brownies. They were amazing! One was just not enough:)

Then lots of laughter and great conversation ensued. Such a great night!

Oh, and I couldn't go without mentioning the wonderful weather once more! Yesterday it seemed like a blizzard pretty much came out of no where and lasted for the entire morning. This picture does not do it justice.


But I think this forecast says it all....sigh.

-Nicole

3 comments:

  1. Delicious feast!

    And brrrr, make sure you stay warm in that freezing weather, I don't think I would leave my home somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Nicole! The whole eastern seaboard was hit!! I am NOT a fan of winter at all! I grew up in northern Canada and after I complain of being cold in the winter, people always comment "aren't you used to it?" and my response is "no, freezing your ass off isn't something you ever get used to!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good. I probably would have eaten like three brownies...I am a chocolate lover! Also, the three cheese cannolli looks great too!

    ReplyDelete