Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things

I've been finding myself listening to music more and more lately, especially when I'm cooking and baking. I turn on my quick-mix from Pandora and just feel inspired! A few things I've made recently that I really enjoyed include:

Citrus Soy Stir-Fry from Rachael Ray's Look + Cook book. Turned out beautiful, with bright and fresh flavors. True deliciousness on a plate.


For dessert, white chocolate gelato with toasted coconut, served with a warm brownie. Creamy and delicious! The toasted coconut added a nice flavor and texture.


I found a recipe for peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies, using peanut flour. This ingredient intrigued me, and I went out in search for it. It turns out Trader Joe's has discontinued making peanut flour, and Whole Foods doesn't carry it either. I made the recipe anyway, and used 1 cup all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat. I have to say, these cookies might be the best ones I've ever made. They are fluffy and light, and the chocolate is superb (I got these semi-sweet chocolate disks from Trader Joe's and chopped them up).



I've been reading a book by Jodi Picoult called Sing You Home, about a music therapist and her troubles with infertility, among other things (I don't want to ruin the book for people who might read it). Anyway, she talks about "Life's Playlist." If you were stranded on a desert island, what 8-12 songs would you want with you? It's an interesting concept, so I decided to come up with my own. These are in no particular order, and it was hard to choose only 12! Of course, throughout life, this list will most likely change.

1. "Gravity" - John Mayer
2. "Rhythm of Love" - Plain White T's
3. "Here Comes the Sun" - The Beatles
4. "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa" - Vampire Weekend
5. "The Show" - Lenka
6. "Free Fallin'" - Tom Petty
7. "I'm Yours" - Jason Mraz
8. "Sunday Morning" - Maroon 5
9. "She Is Love" - Parachute
10. "Bubbly" - Colbie Caillat
11. "Anytime You Need a Friend" - The Beu Sisters
12. "One Word" - Elliott Yamin


What would you include on your life's playlist?


And finally, 2 songs I'm enjoying right now

One EskimO - "Amazing"




Michael Franti & Spearhead - "I'll Be Waiting"




Enjoy!


~Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment