Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas '09


Merry Christmas everyone! I woke at 6:17 am this morning and was surprised to find that I was the last one awake. I suppose the excitement of Christmas morning never goes away.

My mom bought this new coffee that she was raving about last night, so before digging into presents I brewed up a pot.
Oh my gosh was this good!
A few minutes later I found a bag of my own under the tree :)

It's hard to believe that last Christmas I was sipping on coffee at a Spanish cafe with my friend Dana. She was teaching English at a Spanish elementary school and I went to visit while she was on her Christmas break.
We woke in Granada and after partaking in sparking cider and spanish cookies left in our room by the owners of the hostel, we headed to the Alhambra. Unfortunately we weren't able to go inside since it was Christmas day and it was closed, but the view around was breathtaking and unforgettable.



After yesterday's bus debacle I'm glad to keep my traveling to a few hours this year, and I get to play with the doggies.
What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace."
~ Agnes M. Pahro

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment