Saturday, December 26, 2009

Since I got home later than expected, cookie baking was pushed off until yesterday afternoon. We decided on the basic chocolate chip cookie and also used the sugar cookie recipe found in the Food Networks December magazine.

Of course we used stoneware!
Not so long afterwards we had tons of cookies.
I loved the sugar cookie recipe, it included a bit of orange zest to give it a bit of zing. We made lots of cut-outs including the norm, christmas trees, stars, holly, snowmen, but I also had to add in a giraffe. I love giraffes!
Later in the afternoon, I headed to my grandma's.

She always lines her fireplace with bags full of little gifts for all her grandchildren. I was surprised to find 2 bags of mint M&M's which she found a few days after reading my post about my struggles to find them. I was so surprised!



Dinner was also at her house which consisted of salmon cakes, spinach, potato salad, string beans, ham, and deviled eggs. I had a bit of the first 3.
Also had some pound cake, love my grandmother's pound cake!
There was also a huge apple pie which my grandma was raving about it, but I didn't have a taste for apple pie last night.


Whew I'm tired, I think it will be an early night. I'm also thinking about some overnight oats for breakfast...


Nicole




No comments:

Post a Comment