Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happy Hump Day!

Hey all-

Boy is this week flying by but I'm not complaining I've have a fun weekend planned!!

But for now let's talk about dinner which involved CSA produce of course. I believe as of this week I have received something like 12 pounds of summer squash. Thankfully I was able to unload some on my mom last week. This week I was looking to do something other than steam, sauté, or make into a bread and decided on zucchini fritters.

I shredded 1 large zucchini with half a carrot:


Added about 1/4 tsp of salt, mixed, and let sit for 10 minutes. I then drained all the excess water:


In the meanwhile I beat an egg and added my favorite spices:


Added some flour and mixed everything together:


Then formed into patties and cooked in a bit of olive oil:


For a dip I whipped up a tzatziki like concoction featuring this tiny cucumber:


Unfortunately it turned out to be more seeds than flesh:


The end result:

Dinner was okay, I forgot to add scallions to the fritters and wanted to kick myself. Oh well, I'm sure I'll have more squash to come in the next few weeks.

Dessert, however, was out of this world! I heated up a cup of apricot applesauce with a blondie crumbled in...I'm pretty sure I will be dreaming about this combo!!

Have a pleasant night,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment