Thursday, August 5, 2010

Into the Woods

On Tuesday my Mom and sister came into the city, picked me up, and we zoomed out of the city and into the woods.

We arrived at our destination slightly before dusk, unloaded the car, and cooked up a yummy dinner featuring veggies from my CSA share.



A beautiful salad and the most amazing pasta salad:


As we ate on the porch we could see a family of deer down the hill enjoying their dinner as well.

Following dinner and dishes we entertained ourselves with card games, movies, books, and journal entries from past cottage visitors. My sister also kept active bear watch (she has an extreme bear phobia); she saw none.


Internet connection is slow so I'll post day 2 when I get home...plus it's time to go for a morning swim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment