Monday, August 16, 2010

Whoopie!!...Pie

Hi all! I have been MIA for a couple of weeks because I was visiting family in Texas and then when I got back, I was dog/house sitting for a week. Of course, I forgot my camera cord, so I couldn't upload any pictures!

I was dogsitting Murphy, the german shepherd mix!



People have been asking me how Texas was, and the first thing I say is IT'S HOT! Over 100 degrees every day, and with humidity smacking you in the face is not much fun. So during my week there, I tried to stay indoors except to use the pool, which my second cousins wanted to be in 24/7. I had a lot of fun reconnecting to my southern relatives, it was nice to see them because I hadn't seen them in over a year. Other than swimming, we went to the Houston Aquarium, helped at St. Vincent DePaul food kitchen, and saw a great concert.

Here's a couple of my second cousins. They are so cute!




So the concert I went to is a great rock group? Here's some hints: the band started in the '70's and has a roller coaster in Disney World. Yes, I got to see Aerosmith! I just couldn't pass up seeing these rock legends. Steven Tyler looks exactly the same as he always has (hmm... botox?) and he was crazy, running and jumping all over the stage even though he's in his late 60's! I've heard he's screwed up concerts before, but ours went along without a hitch! It was a great night, other than the weather. It was an outside venue, with a massive tent over the seated section and lawn seats in the back. We were row T, but even in the shade, the humidity did us in. Let's just say we were all very sweaty by the end of the show!





Today, I was watching food network and Paula Deen was making red velvet whoopie pies. They looked so good, I made some for myself! They turned out great too!

Have a good week!
~Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Jealous! You succeed where I failed with red velvet whoopie pies, I'll have to try again!!

    ReplyDelete