Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Birthday and Such

Happy Birthday to meeee! It was my 24th birthday on Friday! Nicole summed up most of the festivities on Friday night. It was a lot of fun! The pizza I had at Mama Palma's had sausage, carmelized onions, and spinach. Very tasty!



After having cupcakes and pumpkin cake with Amanda and Nicole, I knew that I still had one more cake ahead of me! My mom made me a chocolate torte, complete with four layers, chocolate whipped cream, and crushed up toffee bits. Yum!





I got some fun things for my birthday! My brother Adam got me the Glee Christmas cd, which I listened to already. They chose some great songs for the cd, I was pretty impressed! My two favorites so far are "The Most Wonderful Day of the Year" from the movie Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, the song when they are on the Island of Misfit toys. I don't know if I've ever heard it covered, and it was perfect for the Glee cast. I also liked "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch." I buy two or three new Christmas cds every year, and this is a great one!



I also received a mandolin for my birthday. Not the instrument, the slicer! It will make slicing apples for my individual apple tarts much easier! I'm making apple tarts and pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving dinner.

I have an owl obsession, which of course everyone knows, and I got three owl-related presents this year. An owl ring from Nicole, owl pajama pants from a friend of the family, and this little guy from my other brother David.






Coming up next, I try using the "elf yourself" website. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

~Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! That chocolate cake looks delicious! I love toffee....my mom makes this trifle dessert at Christmas that also has chocolate and toffee yum! Sounds like the perfect day to me...pizza, pumpkin cake, chocolate cake........:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love owls too! How cute your present is. Your mum's cake looks so lush - I would love a piece of that :D

    ReplyDelete