Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Going crazy!

So, I had a moment last week that I'm sure many of you have had before. I wanted to upload some photos so I could make a post, but I couldn't find my camera cord anywhere! I gave up after a while and figured it would turn up eventually. I decided to look for it again on Sunday, and of course, it was right where it was supposed to be! I have no clue how I missed it before!

Anyway, I took a picture of my new favorite wine, from a local Winery. All their wines are good, but this is my favorite. It makes for easy drinking! I don't know if you can tell, but it's a pink, almost red-colored wine.



Hamburgers were on the menu for dinner one night last week, but of course I can't just make a plain-old hamburger! I decided on my own version of a "Juicy Lucy," a type of hamburger that originates in Minneapolis, MN. Instead of the cheese being on the top of the burger, it goes inside! I also added grated onion and Montreal steak seasoning to the meat. They turned out great! You can see the cheese oozing out! I used white American cheese, but you could essentially use any cheese you like. I was just thinking a turkey burger with brie would be a great combination!



Another meal last week was Indian food. I have yet to buy the 2o or so spices needed to make an actual Indian dish, so I buy jarred sauces instead. We had 2 different ones, so we made 2 Indian dishes.


They both had the same main ingredients: chicken, peppers, potatoes, onions, and cauliflower. The "mild" curry paste also got a habanero pepper added, because who wants mild Indian food!? I took the picture before adding the cauliflower, for some reason.



Both dishes were very good, and had the perfect amount of spiciness. We served them with basmati rice and garlic naan (indian flat bread).



That's it for now, hope everyone is having a great week!

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment