Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Treats

A recipe in pictures for chocolate cake balls!

1. A basic cake from a box except I used applesauce instead of oil.

2. Cut into large pieces.
3. Crumbled up.
4. Mixed in a small container of vanilla frosting.
5. Rolled into balls and refrigerated for 3 hours (enough so they are pretty cold).
6. And dipped into chocolate melted over a double boiler. As you can see some strawberries also made it into the chocolate!
Unfortunately the white chocolate gave me trouble again...I think a drop of water from a wet strawberry made it into the mix and seeded a downhill reaction.
Thankfully I split the bag of white chocolate chips into 2 so I was able to coat some cake balls and decorate a few others before destroying the rest.
7. Enjoy with friends, family, and such ;)

Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment