Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Motivation

It's been nearly 2 weeks since my last run due to the flu, and I nearly skipped today with the intentions of substituting with pilates and elliptical instead. But with only 8 weeks until my next half marathon my friend Amanda gave me a nice little push and reminded me how important training runs are to prevent injury.

So I put on Ra Ra Riot to pump myself up, got dressed and headed out the door.


I was full of energy, warmed up with 30 minutes on the ET and ran 4.66 miles, and cooled down with another .34 miles. The Foals, particularly "Blue Blood" really pushed me through. I think I found this year's training song!!

Time for bed. I have an interview tomorrow morning for a volunteer opportunity and have to be downtown somewhat early. I'm hoping to get there even earlier though in order to camp out and get some much needed work done!

Night,
Nicole
.


3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of Ra Ra Riot -- what are one or two songs I should try out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see, their newer album is pretty mellow, but I like "Shadow Casting." Overall I prefer their older album, The Rhumb Line, try out "Can You Tell" and "Ghost Under."

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man! so sorry to hear about your bout with the flu!! I hope you feel 100% very soon!

    ReplyDelete