Thursday, March 31, 2011

Guess the Dish

What I go through to save money in New York. It's cold and rainy (so much for March going out like a lamb), but I was in desperate need for groceries. When I need to completely restock I try to do so at Trader Joe's for the most part and Whole Foods for the rest. The local grocery stores are way too expensive for the food I eat.

3 bags of groceries + 1 large purse +(a walk from the bus 3 Aves +4 blocks long) = a workout of it's own!


Anyhow, lots of goodies :)


So I'm cooking dinner on Saturday and my guest wants to know what's on the menu. I think a surprise is a bit more fun and I know he'll like the menu. For a little fun I decided to play a picture guessing game. I thought it would be fun for you guys to play along too! I'll unveil the created dishes on Monday morning.

For the appetizer, these are the main ingredients-

garlic:

broth:


a large yellow onion:
the remaining ingredients include greek yogurt, olive oil, and seasonings.

Any guesses?

TGIF tomorrow, can't wait, should be a good weekend!!

-Nicole

3 comments:

  1. Soup? Molls used to love shopping at Fairways before she moved. I admire y'all and your endeavors to get groceries. Have a fun time cooking for your guest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what you are making but I can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some kind of garlic onion dip would be my guess!

    ReplyDelete