Wednesday, May 11, 2011

30 day challenge

This morning I started off quite productive, as I do most mornings. I was up at 5, completed a quick bodyrock workout (plan on going to spin after work for some cardio-it's been so hard to get back in the gym mindset after being away for nearly a month now!!), had breakfast, began to clean my room (switched winter clothing for spring/summer), showered, and headed to lab.

Yogurt bowl:


Morning snack toast x 2:


and freshly squeezed orange juice:


I also cooked lunch before heading out:



Thai inspired dish, sauteed vegetables in sesame seed oil, added some coconut milk and about a tablespoon of peanut butter at the end and tossed with pasta:


Now I'm determined to keep the momentum going the rest of the afternoon! I need to work on my poster for my upcoming conference and get some other writing done.

Okay, so this 30 day challenge...it's been a while since I've done any. The last was probably over a year ago when I challenged my mom to see who could eat the greatest number of vegetables daily. This time around I'm challenging my aunt to meet any personal goal over the next month. I chose to tackle my growing sugar habit, so for the next month I'm eliminating sweets as in candy, cookies, and cake from my diet (with the exception of my birthday dinner this coming Sunday). In the past I've tried to minimize my sweets habit, however, this is not working in the present so I'm hoping by eliminating sweets completely I will be able to eat them in moderation once again in the future.

My aunt is aiming to increase her water intake and eat at least 2 vegetable servings with at least 2 meals each day.

Let the battle begin!!!

Cheers,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment