Friday, May 27, 2011

On the train again

It's too expensive to stay in Switzerland, though there is much more of the country I would like to see before heading back to the states and lab on Monday. Instead I'm catching a train to Paris to visit my friend and old coRA Katie!

Before sitting and switching a few different trains for a quite a few hours I got in a last bike ride.

Packed lunch to save money, which featured a honey and cheese sandwich, fruit, and nutella (which I'll actually save for another time).

Oh and dinner last night was amazing!!!

A light mountain salad with warm croutons.


The main star, swiss fondue. I'm not usually one so excited by melted cheese, but this was out of this world!!



After about 2 slices of bread dipped in cheesy awesomeness (the only thing that could have made this better would be vegetables) they served a light and refreshing dessert of thinly sliced fruit.


There was also wine, which we were told was the best thing to drink with fondue, either that or hot tea. We followed the advice pretty easily since they kept our glasses full.



Still actually have more than an hour before I leave...I was going to go for a walk but it just started to rain. I guess I catch up on the news instead.

Later,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment