Sunday, July 17, 2011

On the road again

Hey bloggies-

Left New York once again this weekend to pop over to Philly...haven't been in NYC for a weekend since the the weekend of June 17th!

Before catching my train to Philadelphia I met up with a friend at the Shake Shack for a drink. I opted for a glass of rose.



How cute are these glasses? Spot for your finger too! Almost wish I had saved mine (it was plastic).


Once in Philly I met Matt who is working at University of Pennsylvania for the month of July. We caught a late night showing of Happy Potter, which was fantastic!!


I slept in until 9:45 Saturday morning, which felt amazing, and then met back up with Matt for brunch at The Continental. When asked if we wanted to try the basket seats I pretty much jumped for the chance. I love unique decors and why not swing in between bites of food?


To start off they gave us pink lemonade water ice to sample:


I went with savory, Crab and Leek omelette with a coffee:



Matt went with sweet, the tiramisu waffles...I think that face says it all:


and a spicy bloody mary made with bacon infused vodka:


After brunch we walked around a bit, stopped by the Franklin Institute and down to Penn's Landing.




Before biding Matt farewell we stopped by Eulogy Belgian Tavern for an afternoon beer. I had to show off their extensive selection of brews.


I went with the Delirium that was on tap:


and had a few of Matt's mussels. The beer was delicious, the mussels were okay, the beer sauce was a bit too rich for me...I guess I prefer wine sauces?


I spent the rest of Saturday with my mom and sister, playing tennis, running and walking through the park.

Today is still somewhat up in the air, think I'll work on a photo book at the moment and have a workout planned tonight once I get back to NYC, but as for the rest of the day...well only time will tell :)

Catch ya later,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment