Sunday, July 24, 2011

Red Currant Sorbet

Currently blogging this post from Philadelphia's 30th street station while waiting to meet up with my mom, love free wifi!

This week I got an early start on the food part of my month challenge. This week's first, red currants.

I quickly looked around the food world for a tasty currant recipe but ended up going with my original idea-sorbet, mostly because it was easy and quick!

Simply removed currants from the stem (about 3/4 of a cup), washed them of course, and brought the currants to a boil along with a 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1/2 cup of water, and 1/4 cup of sugar (if you aren't a fan or tart or sour increase the amount of sugar you add).

I allowed the mix to come to a boil and simmered for 10 minutes. I then allowed the mixture to cool, mashed the currants and mixture through a strainer and added to my ice cream maker for about 30 minutes.

Love the neon pink color, and that's all natural, no dyes or anything!

Makes 2 servings. Enjoy!!

-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment