Monday, July 18, 2011

To the movies

Hey Bloggies,

Didn't make it back into the city until 9:30 pm so I skipped a workout, ate some cereal instead and went to bed. I did accomplish my other goals for the day...can't win em all.

On to a more interesting update. You may recall that during my volunteer time in Lima, Peru I found out that the children attending the boys home/school in which I worked, had never been to a movie theatre. Not so surprising given their economic state, but a 10 year boy should be able to experience the simple joys of action on a big screen. My volunteer coordinator made it her mission to get the boys to a showing. Last week I found out that she was able to secure a bus, the missing piece in her mission, and they went!

The smiles say it all!!

-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment