Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pump up the veggies

Look at the colors of summer!


There was so much at this week's CSA. Eggplant, cucumbers, tomatoes (the first of the season), cabbage, swiss chard, red onions, fennel, summer squash, and parsley:





I was so excited to get home and dig in! The swiss chard was calling my name, but I didn't want to simply saute.


I decided to make a sauce/pesto of sorts. I sauteed the swiss chard a bit and blended it with olive oil and parmesan cheese. The photo is a bit blurry because the sauce was still hot and it kept fogging up my lens.


I used the sauce to give a little kick to Italian bread sticks.


They were pretty good, but could have used a bit more spice, maybe some hot pepper next time?


I ended up sautéing more swiss chard along with radicchio, and egg whites.


So so so easy to eat well during the summer!


2 more days until Friday! This weekend can't get here fast enough!!

-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment