Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Shalalala

As much as I love to travel, it completely throws off my routine, and as much as I hate to admit it, I'm certainly a creature of habit. Today I attempted to get back to some kind of semblance of "Nicole" by waking up early and revisiting the 600 Fat Burner Workout . Today I completed 1 round (300 reps) in 35 minutes.

I then did a couple loads of laundry, showered, ate breakfast, and headed into lab (where I'm quickly finishing this post during an incubation). Not too shabby.

Breakfast, half a bagel with turkey and cheese:


And a chai shake with strawberries thrown in for fun:


Before I leave you, a recap of my 4th of July weekend in the Philadelphia region. My camera has also been on a semi vacation so the pictures are pretty spastic. In any case after having dinner with my grandmother for her 72nd birthday, I met up with my mom and sister for a movie in the park-the original Grease. I love the idea of movies in the park, watching a classic under the stars, what better way to spend a night?

The following day we met up with cousins from Maryland and headed to Peddler's Village for their July 4th festivities (held on July 2nd) and fireworks display.



My cousin Becky and me:
No pictures of the fireworks but the show was surprising long. Which was great because it ended up taking about 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot and on our way home once the show was over.

I headed into the city for the rest of the weekend to hangout with my friend Amanda, who has been a crocheting maniac! Look at these adorable beer koozies she made. Want one?, they'll soon be for sale!!

As I said the weekend photos were pretty random, but the weekend itself was pretty laid back, in any case I had to post a picture of this frozen yogurt from Yogorino . I had a pistachio topping with sprinkles, so delicious. Fortunately for my waistline there is not a location in Manhattan.


And last but not least-new music that caught my ear. Foster the People-"Pumped up Kicks"


And because they're my favorite band, and provided a name for this post, a little Arctic Monkeys-"The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala"


Catch ya later,
Nicole

1 comment:

  1. Since when did you start eating Turkey!?!?!
    I feel so disconnected :(

    ReplyDelete