Thursday, April 22, 2010

Blueberry Corn Muffins




Last week's muffins worked well as breakfast/snack before the gym so I decided to bake another batch for the coming week.

This go around I went with Blueberry corn muffins, not as healthy as last week's bulgur wheat muffins (which called for bulgur and whole wheat flour, as well as minimal sugar and fat) but it is a healthier blueberry muffin since I opted for a corn muffin which allowed me to cutdown on the all purpose flour. Usually I would also switch the all purpose for whole wheat, but I'm out :(


The recipe:

1 1/4 cup all purpose or pastry whole wheat flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking soda

Mix the above and the below in separate bowls then combine.

1 cup milk (I used almond)
1/2 cup butter melted (1 stick)
1 egg beaten

Once everything is mixed add 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries. Spoon in lined or greased muffin tins and bake at 375* for 20 minutes.


Off for a run.

Oh and look for a new blogger joining Soundztastee!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment