Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hello Soundztastee Fans!

I'm the new blogger Nicole told you about! Since I LOVE food and music, she has asked me to become a regular blogger for soundztastee. So let me tell you a bit about myself. I'm Sarah, and I've known Nicole since high school. I live in a suburb of Philly. I'm an avid foodie. I love Food Network, food magazines, cookbooks, you name it. While I don't eat super-healthy foods all the time, I have been making a conscious effort to do so more often. Specifically, taking out processed foods and eating more natural, homemade foods. If I want cookies, I'll make them instead of buying them at the store. I have also started experimenting with different ingredients and healthier alternatives.
For example, I recently bought an organic dog cookbook.


It uses mainly organic brown rice and oat flours in its recipes along with other organic ingredients. Last week, I made the "New York-style pretzels."




Both of my dogs seemed to like them very much!




On the music front, I like pretty standard stuff, but I have made an effort lately to listen to alternative and have found some great artists. The two I want to talk about today are both female artists. While I find I listen to mainly male bands/musicians, these 2 girls have caught my attention and are pretty fantastic.


Have you heard of Lenka? She is from Australia and she's great. Her song "The Show" is catchy and a fun song-along song that I've listened to so many times. Watch the music video here.

Marie Digby, a singer from the US, had her claim to fame by covering Rhianna's song, "Umbrella." I first heard it on Pandora and thought it was better than the original. What do you think? Hear the cover here.

I haven't figured out how to put the videos directly on the site yet, sorry! That's it for now! I have a lot of other ideas for this blog. I think my next post will be about kombucha. ~Sarah

1 comment:

  1. yay sarah! now i get to hear about your life too (since i'm quite terrible at doing that like a normal person)

    ReplyDelete